Jun SCOBY looks similar to a kombucha SCOBY but works with completely different substances - It thrives on raw honey and organic green tea. It has a more delicate flavour than Kombucha and is lighter in colour.
Jun starter comes with of 100 mL mature Jun starter tea and a Jun Scoby (aprox 9i nches) . It can be used to make 1 L of Organic Jun Kombucha tea every 7 days.
Only raw Organic honey, organic green tea and filtered water has been used to grow these Jun SCOBY's
- 8 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons looseleaf green tea or organic green teabags
- ½ cup honey, preferably raw organic
- 1 Jun culture
- 100ml Jun tea from a previous batch (when you purchase a SCOBy it comes in 100ml of Jun tea)
- Bring water to the boil. sprinkle the loose leaf green tea or teabags into a large jar. Pour the hot water over the tea and allow it to steep for 2 minutes. Strain the tea through a fine-mesh sieve into your fermentation vessel. Pour in the honey, and stir it until it dissolves completely in the tea. Allow the tea to cool to room temperature, 22-25c, then add the Jun culture to the jar and pour in the Jun tea. Allow the tea to ferment for up to 7 days at room temperature.
- Pour the fermented Jun tea into flip-top bottles and seal the bottles tightly. Allow the Jun to ferment a second time for 2 to 3 days. After 2 to 3 days, your Jun tea is ready to drink. Place the bottles in the refrigerator to chill, or serve the Jun right away. Keep in mind that, like kombucha, Jun will fizz and foam when you open the bottles, so take care to open them over a sink.