How to make Hemp Kombucha tea
A SCOBY, ½ cup of starter tea, ¼ cup of organic sugar, 2 x organic black tea bags, glass jar, cheesecloth or similar, and elastic band to secure it and Hemp oil.
1. Combine 2- ups hot water and ½ cup sugar in a glass jar. Stir to dissolve.
2. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons loose tea or 2 tea bags. Steep at least 10 minutes.
3. Cool to room temperature. Remove tea bags or strain loose tea leaves from liquid.
4. Add ½ cup of starter tea.
5. Add another 2 cups of filtered cold water. Transfer SCOBY to the cooled tea.
6. Place coffee filter, towel or cheesecloth on jar and secure with a rubber band.
7. Allow the mixture to sit undisturbed at around 22°c, out of direct sunlight, for 7-14 days, depending on your taste.
8. Pour Kombucha off top of jar for consuming; retain SCOBY and ¼-½ cup liquid from the bottom of the jar to use as starter tea for the next batch.
9. If you have pH testing strips the ideal pH for your Kombucha is around 3 however 2.8 -3.2 is still safe.
10. Pour your drink and add 1 teaspoon of Hemp oil