Fermented Christmas Cranberry Sauce
340 g (3 Cups) Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Orange (juice and zest
1/2 cup raw honey
1. Wash the cranberries and remove any that have wrinkled
2. Zest and juice the orange.
3. blend cranberries, zest and juice in a blender. It can be chunky like a chutney or smooth and thin as a sauce.
4. Stir in the honey.
5. Place in fermenting jar with a pickle pipe or cheesecloth. They will bubble as they ferment so air needs to be able to get out
6. Leave for 24 hours - 5 days depending on how much sourness you want with the sweet. (the longer you leave the more sour it will become. If you leave for more that 24 hours give it a gently shake each day.
7.When ready place in the fridge where it will be good for up to 1 month.
For a delicious plate cleansing Kombucha that is a tad tart, second ferment with Cranberries.