Creme Fraiche instructions
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
• This box contains 4 packets of freeze-dried crème fraîche
starter culture. Do not use less than 1 packet even if culturing
less than 1 quart.
• Store extra packets in the freezer until ready for use.
• If at any point you have questions or concerns about
your culturing process, contact Customer Support before
• Avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CRÈME FRAÎCHE
LEARN TO MAKE YOGURT, KEFIR, CHEESE,
SOURDOUGH, KOMBUCHA, AND MORE.
Warm 1 quart fresh cream or half-and-half to 86°F
Add 1 packet crème fraîche starter and mix thoroughly. Do
not stir longer than 15 seconds.
Cover pot with a lid.
Place in a warm spot, 72°-77°F, to culture.
After 12 hours the crème fraîche should be set.
Store in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 1
• Avoid aluminum pots and utensils when making crème
fraîche. Stainless steel is acceptable.
• Fermented foods often have a sour but clean aroma and
flavor. Never consume anything that smells or tastes