How to make Water Kefir from De-hydrated grains
You will need dehydrated water kefir grains, filtered water (boiling tap water for 10 minutes will make the chlorine evaporate), ¼ cup of cane sugar, glass jar and a covering such as cheese cloth.
- Heat 3-4 cups water.
- Pour into glass jar. Dissolve ¼ cup cane sugar in the water.
- Cool to 20°-30°c.
- Empty entire packet of dehydrated water kefir grains into cooled sugar water.
- Cover with a coffee filter or cheese cloth secured by a rubber band.
- Place in a warm spot, 20°-30°F, for 3-5 days.
- After 5 days grains should be plump and translucent. They are now ready to make water kefir. Strain the sugar water off and discard it