How to make Water Kefir from De-hydrated grains
How to Make Water Kefir From Dehydrated Water Kefir Grains
You will need dehydrated water kefir grains, filtered water (boiling tap water for 10 minutes will make the chlorine evaporate), ¼ cup of cane sugar, glass jar and a covering such as cheese cloth.
- Heat 3-4 cups water.
- Pour into glass jar. Dissolve ¼ cup cane sugar in the water.
- Cool to 20°-30°c.
- Empty entire packet of dehydrated water kefir grains into cooled sugar water.
- Cover with a coffee filter or cheese cloth secured by a rubber band.
- Place in a warm spot, 20°-30°F, for 3-5 days.
- After 5 days grains should be plump and translucent. They are now ready to make water kefir. Strain the sugar water off and discard it